Applications to be accepted starting Monday, Feb. 2
East Baton Rouge’s Office of Social Services has funds available to assist qualifying low-income households with their energy bills through the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program.
To qualify for assistance through the program, a household’s total monthly income cannot exceed the limits in the table below. Qualifying households cannot have received a previous benefit within the past six months.
Household Size Maximum Income
Per household per month
All applications will be taken on a first-come, first-served basis according to the program’s waiting list. To get on the waiting list, please call the nearest Office of Social Services location (see table of zip codes below) on Fridays, 8am – noon. Applications will then be taken by appointment only, beginning Monday, Feb. 2nd.
Applicants must provide, at a minimum, the following documentation at the time the application is taken:
(1) Copies of each household member’s social security card
(2) Proof of income of all household members age 18 or older
(3) A copy of an energy bill (must be within the last 6 months)
(4) A photo I.D. of the applicant
(5) At least one other document that was mailed to the applicant at the service address indicated on the energy bill.
If additional documentation is required, the applicant will be notified at the time of application. Households reporting zero income will also be required to provide additional documentation. All information provided with the application will be subject to verification. Intentional misrepresentation of information may result in criminal prosecution of the applicant and anyone assisting in the misrepresentation.
Income eligible applicants who have received a Disconnect Notice and who have not received assistance for a Disconnect Notice in the prior 12 months may also apply.
LIHEAP Application Sites
- Central Office, 4523 Plank Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70805 358-4561 70805
- Chaneyville Community Center, 13211 Jackson Road, Zachary, LA 70791 658-9790
- Charles R. Kelly Community Center (Delmont Service Center, 3535 Riley Street, Baton Rouge, LA 70805 357-5013
- Dr. Leo S. Butler Community Center, 950 East Washington St., Baton Rouge, LA 70802 389-4814
- Dr. Martin L. King Community Center, 4000 Gus Young Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70802 389-7679
- Jewel J. Newman Community Center (North Baton Rouge Community Center), 2013 Central Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70807 778-1007
- Rural Program, 5736 Rollins Road, Baton Rouge, LA 70791 658-7494 70791