Who to Watch: Myra Richardson
Meet Myra Richardson, 21
- Louisiana Legislative aide
- Studies political science at Southern University and A&M College – Baton Rouge, LA
- Baton Rouge Magnet High School graduate
- At-large member, Democratic parish executive committee
- Daughter of Jasmine Richardson
- Currently reading “Just Mercy” by Bryan Stevenson and other readings by bell hooks at Southern Cofe
Myra Richardson is an observant, potent, and impactful civil servant who as been honored nationally by civic groups including the NAACP, Alabama NAACP, Birmingham City Council, and the Greater Baton Rouge United Way.
She is a catalyst with a passion for representing and standing with marginalized voices. Her engagements have ranged from her leadership role as Louisiana’s Ambassador for the Women’s March on Washington to the creation of a local youth group–The Wave, and co-creation of Justice X. She has embodied progressivism by seeking to create a more equitable future for Louisiana.
“Everything I do is service-based because I truly believe, ‘service to others is the rent we pay to live here on Earth”,’ she said. Richardson said she believes investing in the next generation is the greatest investment one can make. “Service is my personal mantra,” she said. Richardson said she will be vocal about the upcoming Census, elections, and economic development events statewide. Follow her on Facebook @MyraRichardson or Instagram @MoveswithMyra,