High schoolers invited to CNA Institute
Urban Restoration Enhancement Corporation is accepting applications for the College & Career Ready Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Institute, which is available to high school students in greater Baton Rouge with a GPA of 2.5 of higher and ages 16 and older. The CNA Institute is designed for youth who are interested in health care careers. The deadline to apply is March 16, 2020. Click here to apply.
Participants who successfully complete the program will graduate as a Certified Nursing Assistant. Students should be at least 16 years old by the first day of the institute, which is April 6, 2020, to be eligible for the program.
During the institute, participants will:
- Complete classroom and clinical instruction necessary for certification in 12 weeks
- Prepare for employment in long-term care facilities, home health agencies, hospitals and private medical agencies
- Train to take vital signs and develop patient sensitivity skills
- Assist with physical exams and obtain cultures
- Develop communication skills to interact with patients and their families.
The EMR Institute will take place April 6 – June 25, 2020. The deadline to apply is March 16, 2020. Learn more here.
Click here to apply.
For more information, contact Kathryn Robinson, UREC Youth Program Director, at (225) 356-8871 ext. 204 or firstname.lastname@example.org.