CATS to Make passenger friendly changes
LAST YEAR THE CAPITAL AREA Transit System (CATS) serviced nearly 2.5 million people in the Greater Baton Rouge area. During 2014 the transportation agency said they are working to provide and have already made some of the following changes:
Added three new mechanics in the maintenance workforce to ensure all vehicles in top condition.
- Launch an app called RouteMatch that will provide customers with voice announcements and automatic updates on all routes and CATS ﬂeet in April.
- Replace 12 existing buses.
- Purchase ten eight-passenger; two- wheelchair vans to support its Para transit business.
- Work with LSU, Cortana Mall and Mall of Louisiana to develop transfer location plans.
- Hire an additional 31 employees by the end of February.