Two hour COVID-19 drive-thru testing site opens Wed., May 6 in Baker; No doctor’s order required
A COVID19 drive-through testing facility in the City of Baker will open Wednesday, May 6, to test anyone who has symptoms of COVID19. All healthcare providers and first responders are encouraged to utilize the testing site regardless if they currently have symptoms.
Testing will continue on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 7am to 9am, weather permitting. Testing will be located at the Baker Walmart Parking Lot, 14507 Plank Rd, Baker.
- There is no out-of-pocket cost for individuals
- A doctor’s order is not required to receive the test, but patients will need to make an appointment
- There is no testing inside Walmart stores
- The testing site requires an appointment through Quest’s MyQuestTM online portal and app. You will receive an appointment confirmation that you will need to have on hand when you arrive onsite.
- No walk-ups will be seen
- Persons wishing to obtain testing at this site should go to www.MyQuestCOVIDTest.com in order to complete the Quest scheduling process
- If you do not have access to a computer or smartphone onsite registration will be available at the Quest mobile site.
- Please make sure to bring a valid photo ID for proof of identity
- Please arrive no more than 10 minutes before your appointment time
- Those being tested will need to wear a mask stay in their cars for verification of eligibility criteria, ID check and sample self-collection.
- Individuals being tested will perform a self-administered nasal swab in their car with a healthcare provider observing them. Directions will be provided in the confirmation email after scheduling the appointment and on-site. If you do not believe you will be able to self-administer the nasal swab, please bring someone with you who can assist you
- It is important to take care of yourself and monitor your symptoms closely. If your symptoms do not improve or you develop new or worsening symptoms, seek medical attention right away. Do not wait to receive your results
- Results: Individuals being tested will receive their COVID-19 test results through the secure MyQuest online portal or app and may receive a call from our telehealth partner PWN to review results. The average turnaround time to report results is 2 – 3 days from the day of collection
- While individuals awaiting results, please follow CDC guidelines and take steps to help prevent the disease from spreading to people in your home and community
“It is critical that we are able to perform mass testing of the population.” Mayor Darnell Waites has advised the public previously. “We urge anyone who suspects they may be ill and who are exhibiting symptoms to utilize this testing site while following all prescribed safety precautions while in public. We are grateful to our community partners for coming together with us, so as leaders we may ensure the
health and welfare of our most precious asset, the people of our community. It is an honor to be able to
serve our community with like-minded leaders in good faith to our people.” The testing is in coordination with Walmart, Quest Diagnostics, parish, and state officials.
**NO INFORMATION RELATIVE TO PATIENTS, TEST RESULTS OR APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MANAGED OR DISCLOSED TO THE CITY OF BAKER.**