EBR School Board seeks District 11 resident to replace Lamana
The East Baton Rouge Parish School Board announces a vacancy on the school board due to the death of School Board Member Randy Lamana on April 16, 2014. At a special meeting to be held on Thursday, May 1, 2014, the Board will appoint a qualified resident of School Board District 11, in the Parish of East Baton Rouge to serve until the duly elected member takes office January of 2015.
Qualified residents of District 11 interested in serving should submit a letter of intent along
with a resume and/or short
biographical sketch. Each applicant must also submit a Certificate of Residency/Qualifications from the East Baton Rouge Parish Registrar of Voters. The Certificates of Residency/Qualifications can be obtained free of charge. Please submit the requested documentation to the attention of:
Mr. David Tatman, President
East Baton Rouge Parish School Board
1050 South Foster Drive
Baton Rouge, Louisiana 70806
The deadline for submitting a letter of intent is Wednesday, April 30, 2014 at 3:00 PM.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR SCHOOL BOARD MEMBERS
Persons eligible to serve as members of the School Board shall have the following minimum qualifications:
1. A Board member shall have attained the age of eighteen (18).
2. A Board member shall be domiciled in the election district for the preceding year, except after reapportionment.
3. A Board Member shall have resided in the state for the preceding two (2) years.
4. A Board Member shall be able to read and write.
5. A Board Member shall not be serving on certain other boards specified in the Constitution of Louisiana.
6. A Board Member shall have affirmed to the prescribed oath.
All applicants must also disclose if a member of their immediate family is an employee of the school system. “Immediate family” as the term relates to a public servant means his children, the spouses of his children, his brothers and their spouses, his sisters and their spouses, his parents, his spouse, and the parents of his spouse.
For more information, please visit the school system’s web site at www.ebrpss.k12.la.us or contact us by phone at 225-922-5567.