The commission will include a task force structure dedicated to strengthening specific sectors of Louisiana’s economy. Task forces will be focused on solutions for such critical sectors as Energy and Manufacturing; Health Care, including improved delivery of medical care, health equity and enhanced facilities; Tourism, including hotels, gaming and related hospitality entities; Rural Development; Education and Workforce, with attention given to the training needs of displaced workers; and Economic and Community Development, including strategies for making regions and communities more resilient in the face of future health care threats and other risks.
- State Sen. Ronnie Johns, Senate Commerce chair, designee of Louisiana Senate President Page Cortez.
- State Rep. Paula Davis, House Commerce chair, designee of Louisiana House Speaker Clay Schexnayder.
- Scott Hensgens, PAR chairman; managing partner, Breazeala, Sachse & Wilson.
- Tyron Picard, CABL chairman; founding principal, The Picard Group.
- Tim Temple, C100 Louisiana vice chair; president and CEO, Temptan LLC.
- Bill Hogan, representing Louisiana bankers; president and CEO, Century Next Bank.
- Louis Reine, representing labor unions; Louisiana AFL-CIO president.
- Michael R. LaFitte II, representing small businesses; owner, Shreveport Haberdashery.
- Walt Leger III, representing tourism; senior vice president, general counsel, New Orleans & Company.
- Ti Martin, representing restaurants; co-proprietor, Commander’s Palace.
- Jade Brown-Russell, Urban League of Louisiana chair; principal, J.D. Russell Consulting.
- Sonia Perez, representing Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency-essential industry; president, AT&T Louisiana.
- Commissioner of Administration Jay Dardenne (ex-officio member).
- Secretary Kimberly Robinson, Louisiana Department of Revenue (ex-officio member).
- Dr. Jim Richardson, John Rhea Alumni Professor of Economics, LSU (ex-officio member).
Leaders who are named later to chair the task forces also will serve as ex-officio members of Resilient Louisiana. For more information about the commission and updates about its work, visitOpportunityLouisiana.com/ResilientLouisiana. Additional details about commission plans and meetings will be forthcoming in the near future.